Tuesday, August 25, 2009

8/25 and I'm still alive

It's almost hump day here, meaning I'm nearly halfway through this week. I took my first Spanish lesson yesterday, although I don't know anything, the teacher continually repeated that I didn't have an accent, and was impressed. I'm proud of myself, but I imagine as I begin to speak more words, it'll come out more and more. What I realized isn't good, is that the school is only going to pay for 5 weeks worth of lessons at 2 times a week. I can't imagine I'm going to get very far with that. We'll see soon enough, maybe I can front the money if I feel I'm learning enough.

I worked out for the first time of my life today at the nearby gym. I went with Jason, and Arqui met up there. I have never been so sore in my life. Not only will I return to the states speaking Spanish, but I'll be so buff I won't even be able to look left or right. Two perfect goals. I'm going to have a horrible day tomorrow.

The power was out for almost 5 hours today, which makes things unlivable. The houses are too hot, and you can't open any doors or windows because of the bugs. I found Marshall climbing on the roof, rerouting his ethernet cable to the new router the internet ladies put under the nearest pavillion. I decided to do the same, just in case. To say the least, I'm on the internet at my house finally! I got to see Rambo for a good minute, I miss that mutt. I expect it will be in and out of service, but the fact that it is working makes me incredibly happy, and gives me an infinite amount more of resources.

I thought everything was fine when the power was on, and it may yet again shut off, until I ran into a damned SPY!!!



Right behind my washer, the nerve! Those iguanas aren't letting me live my life, so it's time to retaliate, I just need to choose the best course of action.

1 comment: