Monday, August 17, 2009

10/16/2009



Went inside school today to get online and finally put up my blog. Oh man, that was a hassle in itself. Someone misplaced the keys to the school, and I climbed up on top of the rafters to try to get in from above. I was able to talk to my sister, and she's done such a wonderful thing for me. She's watching Rambo while I'm gone. I'm glad she was able to take on such a responsibility. It truly is a wonder to have a dog, but also takes alot of work and responsibility, so Kandice, thank you!!! Speaking of dogs, I wonder how Junebug is?

I went to the market down on Avenida Miranda, where they sold produce, meats, and an assortment of other things. It reminded me of way back when, when my father and I traveled throughout South America. Once again, I am so happy to be able to have the freedoms to have this experience, what a wonderful opportunity it truly is.

Later, I got food with Arqui, went to his girlfriend's house(interesting eh?), and went gambling again with Arqui and Julia (that's his girlfriend's name), we didn't do too well. Arqui was nervous about what exactly he was going to do at Escuela Anaco, and with good reason. There was no clarification about his duties, I guess that's the way it works. Me on the other hand, should be nervous, but it wont hit me till morning. I'm not sure why, but I'm so good at procrastination, that it even affects me in the emotional department. I don't worry until I have to, and I like it that way. MY FIRST CLASS IS TOMORROW!!! Wish me luck, I pray all goes well. Not just for me, for you too, I hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow. We'll see what lies in store.

I ALMOST FORGOT!!!! Update on the iguanas. I almost got hijacked today, twice. It was the Red Liners, the first time it was within 20 feet of my front door. I was exiting my house when BLIZAM! a sharp green looking iguana by the name of Poncheto stared me down. I was no more than 5 feet away from him, when I did what only my instincts could tell me to do. I flared my lungs, and puffed up my cheeks to make myself look more intimidating. Luckily it worked...this time. The next encounter happened when I was getting my dry laundry from the hanger, and this was the scary one. First I see an iguana, not sure from where, scuttle under the cement of the house. My first instincts were a lone iguana, trying to make a living in a tough world. I was wrong. One word, DIVERSION. As I took another step, I come to find I'm inches away from a 2 foot long menacing reptile ready to pounce! Where was Gordon now? I thought as my heart began to race like Usain Bolt. For some odd reason, this iguana, chose to disappear into the weeds. I think they are taking information down on me, my habits, my lifestyles, everything. This is a dangerous situation, and I am in need of an ally.

...That being said, if you get anything from this, I hope you understand that IGUANAS ARE NINJAS. Be on the lookout, this could go worldwide.

2 comments:

  1. lolz at Poncheto. Love the iguana gang stories. In Puerto Rico I had a one man iguana gang that lived on my premises, he went by the name of Freddy and often went on vacations.

    -Turd

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome! Rambo is a huge attention whore, but he is good to me.

    ReplyDelete