Friday, August 14, 2009

10/13/2009

The time is currently 8:10, and it's as dark as a high school girl in Utah outside. I spent more time setting up my classroom today, and planned out my curriculum to Wednesday. I figured going any further beyond that is useless since I have no idea what the levels of my students are. I met the board of directors for the school today, I don't have much to say about that, except now there are only two.

I played some basketball and skated in the school gym alone tonight where I had a very creepy experience. I was just shooting some hoops, making insanely difficult shots as usual, when a closed door with a reflective window started making some creaking noises. At first I thought nothing of it, and continued my onslaught of tubular shots. The creaking slowly got louder and louder, and I saw that the door was closing. Frightened, I shouted, "HEY!!!" The door stopped in place, and the hair stood up on my skin. My first thought was kidnapper. I looked in the window from a distance of about 15 feet, and just envisioned a face popping up. Moments later, the door started closing further, stopped. Then instantly started opening, right before I could see what lied inside, it started closing again, creaaaaaaking. I got the nerves to walk up to it, first try, peered in through the window, saw nothing, opened it, saw nothing, shouted at the empty room for good measure, and made sure it was closed shut. It took me quite some time to adjust normally to the situation in the gym. Now I'll have all these horrible thoughts in the back of my head.

I went to Unicasa today with Marshall, then stopped at a hardware store. Places out here are so bizarre, they required my passport number to purchase a roll of duct-tape, and I had to go through a huge process. When I bought my phone, before I even signed up for a plan they fingerprinted me. WSUP DEN? No entiendo. I haven't picked up any Spanish yet, and if I had the internet it could at least help.

Ran in to one of Schubert's gang today, he tried somethin' but I wuz 2 kwik. No need to fear, I met an ally of my own, a creature of the most majestic kind. A night toad. He's nearly the size of my hand, and as quick as a whip. Ends up his name is Gordon, and now he's got my back. Things aren't so bad as they seem. Time for movies in Spanish now! p1@c3!~

No comments:

Post a Comment