Sunday, August 30, 2009

8/30/2009

Sunday funday. Trying to clean today, it's been a big fail. I am trying constantly to learn Spanish, but I don't feel much more comfortable than when I got here. I'm honestly trying constantly but living and working in an English speaking community doesn't help.

The other night I hung out in one of the housing complexes that Julie lives in. The whole neighborhood was drinking, including this bad ass.

After trying to talk with the kids in mixed languages, I got a real good feel for how life is here for them. All of them aspire to go to the U.S.A, and told me all the places they've been (which usually is Florida). I kept hearing, "I want to go to Hollywood" and, "I want to go to Las Vegas." It makes me sad, it's great for me to live here because I'm making $$$ and live in a safe place. For them there is no out. One of the kids, who apparently is a great kickboxer who looks older than I am, told me how one time he just wanted to walk a few blocks out of the complex, but couldn't because someone warned him about the robbers hiding in the trees. I guess if I were to rob someone, I'd like to have a cool hiding place too.

Luv you all, I'm living my dream.

-Teem

No comments:

Post a Comment