Wednesday, August 19, 2009

8/18/2009

Second day of school. The amount of stress I went through today was the equivalent to listening to finger nails running across a chalkboard for a straight year. Teaching is the most draining thing I have ever come across. Albeit, it is the second day of school, and I myself haven't adjusted to the cultures of the students and their parents. I stayed at school until 8 o'clock before Jason came kicking me out telling me that I needed a break. At least math went well today? It took me 5 hours to plan for just 3 days, and I didn't even have time to organize the room or make all of the copies.

Jason and I had a good talk for about an hour, just what we were going through being here, and adjusting to the climate. He's been teaching for many years, taught in Peru and Ecuador on top of the States. I enjoy working with him because of his professionalism.

I went home and Arqui called me, and we had a good talk for about an hour. We discussed our future plans of going to the beach, some Merengue, and how difficult school is. I decided it would be nice to have someone pull the ELL students out during the period when the aid isn't in the classroom, so Arqui is going to help me out with that. We decided after this week we are going to have a relaxing weekend. I feel much better after expressing my concerns, and am much more ready to take on tomorrow. I forgot to mention I talked to mah boi Scott from St. Louis for a good time on the computer, he's a wise man. It's nice to have good friends.

My current concerns are that I can really make improvements with all my students and have enough time to do it with the resources given.

If you're reading this, I appreciate it, :wub: and hopefully I'll get out soon and get some super killer pics of me doing tubular activities.

1 comment: