Wednesday, September 9, 2009

9/9/09

OH MY GAWD, I JUST STUMBLED ACROSS THIS. This is from the Rosamond days, nostalgia soared in like a bald eagle leaving Mexico for Texas.

I am slightly amused by the date.

I am almost finished reading Beneath the Wheel, and I stumbled upon a paragraph that I really found interesting.

"In this way he discovered---perhaps too soon---his share of the secret of love, and it contained little sweetness and much bitterness: days filled with fruitless lamentation, poignant memories, inconsolable brooding; nights during which a pounding heart and tightness around the chest would not let him sleep..."

Seems, or seemed, relevant for a period of time.

Below is real live footage of the vicious beasts of which I live in fear. This happened yesterday, although a disclaimer, it is not for the weak.



Monday night we stayed out a little too late BBQin over here at Escuela Anaco. Jason, Marshall, and I were out till about 3. Arqui left around 1ish.


These are leafcutter ants, they had a trail of carrying leaves about 60 feet long, that literally looked like a highway.


This is my 2nd ally against the criminal iguana gangs. Ground owls see all.


Marshall Mcgrillin'


Jason and Dylan working hard


Here are a couple of links of my final day skating in the US. Me and Matt.

No comments:

Post a Comment