Sunday, October 4, 2009

10/04/2009

I just got back from Puerto La Cruz a couple of hours ago. The power in my house seems to be grounded, but the internet still doesn't work there. I've been having a hard time finding free time lately to do this.

In school there will be observations this week, so wish me luck anyone who is reading this. I had a great weekend, and I feel like my Spanish is getting slightly better. I guess studying nonstop has helped a little.

We met some Chinese immigrants who run a shop at the end of Paseo Colon, one spoke English and they were very friendly. There is also a little place that makes food there, and having legitimate Chinese food was quite stupendous. If I make it back to Puert soon, I will be going back for my Chinese fix.

I only was able to put away $300 in the bank this month, and it still doesn't look like I have enough money to buy a ticket this Christmas. I will know exactly what I'm doing by the beginning of next week, where I'm going down on a river trip with Marshall on the Orinoco.

I've been spending way too much money, but the only way to keep my sanity is leave on the weekends, I gotta figure out a new plan.

Much love to all, I am so happy I'm able to do this, even with all the avoidable drama and frustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment